Aluminum plate 33 x 22 cm, 4-flap pack in Fabriano 260 gsm paperboard from the Editorial 2022 line
This production was made on cotton fabric, with masonry mortar and Epogea print combined with an aluminum plate. The materials used are those of the artistic tradition, the same as those used in masonry and decoration.
The photograph printed on this basis, takes on a unique imprint. Our wall bases, return all shades of gray and make colors more intense. They improve the stability of colors over time that remain unchanged for many, many years.
The touch feels the mineral base into which the image is fused, becoming the exclusive memory of the places, history and beauty captured by the photographer.
Bussi sul Tirino is an Italian town of 2,385 inhabitants in the province of Pescara in Abruzzo.
The municipal territory, where the Tirino Valley and Pescara Valley join, is included in the Gran Sasso and Monti della Laga National Park area.
The town is crossed by the Tirino River, which originates from the Campo Imperatore aquifer system and after a 25-km karst path comes to light through three springs, all in the territory of Capestrano: Capodacqua spring, Presciano spring and Lake spring.
The name Tirino comes from the Greek word “tritanus,” meaning triple spring. This river is known as one of the clearest and cleanest in Italy. Currently, its flow rate is about 6,000 liters/second and the average water temperature is 11 °C. The name “Bussi” probably comes from the name of the boxwood plant (Buxum).
In the Galleria delle Mappe Geografiche (Gallery of Geographic Maps) of the Vatican Museums, commissioned by Pope Gregory XIII, the present Tirino River is listed as Buscio.
Outside Bussi there is still the Longobard tower, known as the “Sutrium,” that is, a fortified outpost with a triangular plan very similar to the tower of Montegualtieri in Teramo, used for sightings and control over the valley. Near the tower arose the chapel of San Rocco, the ruins of which still remain. In 1092 some of the castle buildings were owned by the Abbey of St. Benedict in Perillis; in 1021 there is the first record of the church of St. Mary of Cartignano, just outside the town, one of the symbolic monuments of Bussi, used as a Benedictine grange of the Abbey of St. Liberatore alla Majella